To provide and maintain a Women's Centre which promotes and encourages development and empowerment for all women in an educative and supportive environment.
The Upper Hutt Women's Centre will:
- Provide a safe and supportive environment for women.
- Support women in the process of empowerment.
- Confront women's oppression and empower women to take control of their own lives.
- Work in the spirit ot Te Tiriti O Waitangi (The Treaty of Waitangi).
- Ensure equity of access and participation to all women regardless of age, ethnicity, beliefs, sexual orientation, disability or health status.
- Facilitate women's learning through accessible community education.
- Provide resources and information to the community.